Open School Peyia Municipality
The “Οpen School” is an institution, which was experimentally applied for the first time during 2007 in some Municipalities. Four years later, after its operation was evaluated and considered successful, the organizations involved decided to expand it in five more Municipalities (Limassol, Larnaca, Ayia Napa, Aglantzia and Lakatamia).
The Open School is applied in co-operation with the Ministry of Education, the Municipalities, the Local School Boards and the parents, and it gives the opportunity to the residents of each Municipality, despite gender and age, to participate in training programs in the morning, in the afternoon and at night. We are very pleased to announce that the open school can accept applications from students of Peyia Municipality and also students from Kathikas, Inia, Droushia, Arodes, Tala and Kisonerga.
Through the Open School, the citizens can develop their capabilities, their talents and use their free time efficiently.
This activity can also constitute as a protective factor against school violence, law breaking and the use of addictive substances, mainly amongst teenagers.
The aims and the objectives of the Open School are:
1. The use of school facilities in the afternoons as Culture, Sports and Creativity Centres.
2. The active involvement of the citizens of each Municipality or Community in the participating in social life, and improvement of the quality of life.
3. The development of the cultural and athletic levels of our society.
4. Giving the opportunity to organizations, associations and individuals that are involved in intellectual, artistic and athletic activities, to demonstrate their skills and accomplishments to the general public.
5. The enforcement of relations between the residents of the Municipality or the Community.